Many people spend their vacations traveling, either domestically or internationally, and it can be a difficult ordeal to remember all of the small details before leaving home and then while on the trip you thought was so well planned out. This is where some travel tips can be most useful. It usually helps to make a list of necessities and then divide it between what needs to be done before locking the door at home and what needs to be remembered when traveling to your destination.
• If traveling out of the country, scan your passport, travel tickets (cruise or air travel), ATM card information, and emergency phone numbers, and store this information on your email address so it can be accessed by you, if necessary, from anywhere in the world.
• Do not carry all your valuables in one place. Split up your cash, bank cards, credit cards, and traveler's checks into different locations, either in your pockets or your baggage (best if kept on your person in case of luggage misplacement). That way, if you get robbed, you may not lose everything all at once.
• Take bar soap and toothpaste powder instead of liquids and tubes to simplify matters for security clearance. Purchase the sample-sized items if possible.
• One of the best travel tips suggests you pack everything you possibly can in plastic bags because they keep things cleaner and are visible to those who feel it necessary to go through your luggage at airports, etc. They also come in handy as an emergency umbrella.
• Traveling with a flashlight (or torch) is common, but do not let those batteries run down if the light comes on accidentally. Turn your batteries around before storing them, and then turn them around again when you get to your destination.
• Shoes should be put into plastic bags to keep the other items in your luggage odor-free and clean. You could put a pair of socks inside each shoe for easy packing.
• When flying, especially on a long flight, keep any necessary medications and important papers close by in overhead baggage. It might be useful to also bring along a clean change of clothing on long flights.